Creating an environment where "frictionless" and "risk savvy" go hand-in-hand.
AREA42 seeks a Commercial Underwriter with a strong understanding of business performance indicators across a broad spectrum of business types and industries.
Our TERMS.tech product is a major FinTech/TradeTech innovation, bringing payment terms to B2B marketplaces. Our mission is to reshape the way marketplace operators allow their business customers to pay, and their sellers to get paid, through our proprietary tech and unrivalled access to real-time credit risk data. Conceptually, we make it possible for customers of online B2B marketplaces to benefit from payment terms, like they would expect from traditional B2B distributors or vendors. TERMS.tech is both a payment orchestrator and a liquidity provider, and a next-gen trade credit underwriter.
The Commercial Underwriter assesses the risk of escalated customer requests in accordance with TERMS.tech’s underwriting policy and philosophy. This individual plays a critical role in improving our credit risk strategies through sampling and retrospective reviews. Thriving in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Underwrite businesses from a diverse range of industries using both traditional and innovative data sources in line with the company’s underwriting guidelines, in such a way as to strike the right balance between risk and reward and to optimise client satisfaction
- Maintain a feedback loop with the risk strategy manager, providing timely guidance and insight into business risks
- Manage relations with internal stakeholders (customer success officer, operations officer) in order to guarantee a coherent and professional service level
- Create and submit business cases for policy exceptions requiring approval by senior management
- Develop underwriting policies and procedures in order to ensure operational excellence in the management of escalated customer requests.
You may be a fit for this role if you
- Have 2+ years experience in commercial underwriting, interpreting financial information and making business lending decisions
- Have the ability to assess the risk of businesses of any size in diverse industries
- Have experience working in a fast-past, rapidly evolving environment
At AREA42, we're looking for people with drive, curiosity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out – and set you apart – especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At AREA42, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and tinker quickly. Join us.